I’ve found this simple solution works like a charm at first attempt . This solution I found at http://askubuntu.com/a/609199
Simple steps: Create wifi hotspot in ubuntu
- Disable Wifi (Uncheck Enable Wi-Fi)
- Go to network connection (Edit Connections…)
- Click “Add”
- Choose “Wi-Fi” and click “Create”
- Type in Connection name like “wifi-hotspot”
- Type in SSID as you wish
- Choose Device MAC Address from the dropdown (wlan0)
- Wifi Security select “WPA & WPA2 Personal” and set a password.
- Go to IPv4 Settings tab, from Method drop-down box select Shared to other computers.
- Then save and close.
- Open Terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and type in the following command with your connection name used in step 5.
sudo gedit /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/wifi-hotspot
mode=infrastructureand change it to
- Now check the network section where wi-fi will be connected to the created hotspot automatically. If you can not find it, go to Connect to Hidden Network… Find the connection and connect to it.